The Office of the Attorney General has the authority to deny or suspend a license for nonpayment of child support.

Who can be affected by license suspension?

The Office of the Attorney General can petition the court or use administrative remedies to suspend a license issued to an NCP who:

  • owes overdue child support in an amount equal to or greater than the total support due for three months,
  • has been provided with an opportunity to make payments toward the overdue child support under a court ordered or agreed repayment schedule,
  • fails to comply with the repayment schedule.

What kind of licenses can be suspended or denied?

Licenses related to:

  • practicing or engaging in a particular business, occupation, or profession,
  • operating a motor vehicle, or
  • engaging in any other regulated activity for which a license or permit is required, including; hunting, fishing or other recreational activity.

What can I do to keep my license from being suspended or denied?

In order to prevent the suspension of your license, you must enter into an agreement to pay a lump sum towards your unpaid support. In addition, you must begin paying your obligated child support amount and past due amount.

If you have questions about your child support case, please contact us at 800-252-8014.