The Office of the Attorney General (OAG) is a dynamic state agency with over 4,000 employees throughout the State of Texas. Our agency provides exemplary legal representation to the State, fights human trafficking, helps victims of crime, protects our constituents, and runs the most effective Medicaid Fraud Control and Child Support Enforcement programs in the nation. OAG employees enjoy excellent benefits and a healthy work-life balance along with tremendous opportunities to do important work and make a positive difference in the lives of all Texans. Visit the OAG Jobs Page to view all currently open positions and submit an application.
Current Job Openings
How to Apply
All OAG jobs are posted on the OAG Jobs Page within CAPPS Recruit. CAPPS Recruit is a State-managed job-posting system that allows applicants to easily apply for job openings at the OAG. Below are general instructions on how to both create an account in CAPPS Recruit and submit an application to the OAG through the CAPPS Recruit system. Note: the account creation and job submission processes may include some minor steps not identified below.
- Visit the OAG Jobs Page within CAPPS Recruit.
- Select a posting you wish to apply for and click the Apply Online button.
- If you do not yet have a CAPPS Recruit account, click the New User button and proceed with account creation. Otherwise, enter your credentials and click Login.
- Complete each portion of the guided application process, using the Save and Continue button to proceed through each section.
- If you need to save your application to complete it later, click the Save as Draft button.
- Once each section has been completed, you will be given the ability to submit your application, which will then send it to the OAG.
The information you enter as you complete your first application through CAPPS Recruit (e.g., education and work history) is retained by the system and available for use in future job application submissions.
In addition, CAPPS Recruit allows you to attach a résumé to your completed job submissions. This process is outlined in the steps below.
- Visit the OAG Jobs Page.
- Sign in using the Sign In link at the top right of the page.
- Click the My Jobpage tab at the top left of the page.
- Click the View/Edit Submission link below the completed submission entry.
- Navigate to the File Attachments portion of the submission by clicking on its step at the top of the page. This page allows you to upload a file and subsequently designate it as your résumé.
Assistant Attorney General Applicants
- A résumé must accompany all applications for Assistant Attorney General positions. The OAG Jobs Page within CAPPS Recruit will prompt you to upload a résumé when applying for a job.
If you have additional questions, please email the OAG Application Desk at [email protected]. A Human Resources representative will be happy to assist you. Hearing-impaired individuals may contact our agency via Relay Texas at 1-800-735-2989 (TTY/TDD).