Our goal is to make sure every child receives the support they need and deserve.

What We Can Do: Enforce Child Support Orders

By law, the Office of the Attorney General has several child support enforcement remedies available — up to and including contempt, probation and possibly incarceration.

What We Cannot Do: Enforce Visitation Orders

We often get asked to enforce visitation orders. We cannot — and do not — enforce visitation orders.

If you have visitation questions or feel your visitation order is not being fulfilled, call:

Access & Visitation Hotline

(866) 292-4636

Calls are answered (in both English and Spanish) Monday-Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST.

  • You can also visit TXAccess online for more help with visitation.