You may have questions about how child support payments and orders can be modified. Here's some information that can help.

You're always welcome to change the way you make your child support payments, but the court-ordered amount can change only through a court order. 

Even if you are having trouble making your full payment, it is important to pay as much as you can toward your obligation every month.

If you stop making payments, the amount you owe will continue to grow. Unpaid child support has a 6% interest rate, which means you'll owe more money if you stop or pay less of your payment amount. However, it is always better to pay something, rather than nothing.

Support Modification

  • Have you experienced a change in your circumstances?

Learn more about the Support Modification Process.


Employment Changes

  • Has your employment status changed?

Learn more about how Employment Changes can affect your child support.


Medical Coverage Changes

  • Have you experienced a change in circumstances related to medical insurance and coverage?

Learn more about how Changes in Medical Coverage can affect your child support.