Child support payments can be deposited onto a reloadable, prepaid card without the need for a bank account. Here’s how it works.
Your first child support payment will be mailed to you in the form of a “warrant,” or a check.
Shortly after this, you will receive a welcome letter from the Child Support Division. It will contain all the information you need to know about your new case. Among other things, it will provide details about other options for how you can receive your child support payments — including the Texas Payment Card and direct deposit.
What is the Texas Payment Card?
The Texas Payment Card, or smiONE Visa Prepaid Card, is an easy way to receive your child support payments without the need for a bank account. It is a prepaid card with the convenience of a VISA and it can be used anywhere that VISA debit cards are accepted.
Once enrolled in the Texas Payment Card, your child support payments received by the Child Support Division will be loaded in 1-2 days onto your smiONE card.
Why sign up for the Texas Payment Card?
Here are some benefits to selecting the Texas Payment Card for receiving your child support payments.
- It doesn’t require a bank account to register.
- It’s convenient. Payments are loaded onto your card, saving you a trip to the bank.
- It’s fast and secure. You won’t need to wait for a check in the mail or worry about the check getting lost or stolen.
- It helps you keep track. You can manage your balance and transaction history online or through the mobile app 24/7.
Learn more about the benefits of using the Texas Payment card at www.smionecard.com.
Texas Payment Card Fees
There are fees associated with using the Texas Payment Card. You will receive a Cardholder Agreement when you first receive your card. It lists all fees associated with the smiONE Visa Prepaid Card. The Cardholder Agreement can also be accessed from the smiONE website. All fees are subject to change.
How to Enroll
If you are interested in signing up for the Texas Payment Card for your child support payments, you can enroll in the following ways.
Online Through Child Support Interactive (CSI)
- You can quickly sign up for a Texas Payment Card by logging into Child Support Interactive (CSI) and completing the online form provided under My Payments.
Over the Phone
- For help enrolling you can contact the Texas State Disbursement Unit at (800) 252-8014.
Questions About the Texas Payment Card
If you already have a Texas Payment Card and have questions about your balance or transaction history, or need to report a lost or stolen card, you can contact a smiONE representative at (866) 532-9636.
If you do not yet have a Texas Payment Card, but have questions about how it works, you can contact the Texas State Disbursement Unit at (800) 252-8014.