Ken Paxton

Parents and Guardians

Whether you are a custodial parent who needs or receives child support or a noncustodial parent who pays child support, the Office of the Attorney General has services and resources for you.

Child Support Interactive

The Child Support Interactive Web site is an award-winning secure online resource that you can use to:

  • apply for services
  • check case status
  • check payment status
  • change your address

You will need to log in to access case information on Child Support Interactive. Forgot your Customer Identification Number (CIN)? No problem. Go to Child Support Interactive and when you are ready to log in, you will see an option to help you find your CIN.

Other Important Links for Parents

You are the custodial parent if you have custody of the child: your child is in your primary care and lives with you most of the time. You are the noncustodial parent if you do not have primary care of your child: your child lives with the other parent most of the time and you pay child support. Here are some useful links especially for the custodial or noncustodial parent.

Custodial parents:
[need or receive child support]
Noncustodial parents:
[pay child support]

Find free tax preparation services in your area:

Free tax preparation is not a service of the Child Support Division.Information about free tax preparation services is provided by the Texas Attorney General in compliance with Texas Family Code §231.123.

Useful Forms for Parents

These are most frequently needed forms for parents. A complete list of child support forms is available online.

Custodial parents:
[need or receive child support]
Noncustodial parents:
[pay child support]

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view, download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer, download word.

More about the Child Support Program

For a full overview of the child support program, you might want to start here: About the Child Support Division. You can also visit the Web site of the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement: OCSE's Web site. Other useful pages are:

Child Support field offices
Locate an office in your area
Send a compliment | File a complaint